Skip to main content
Family Court of Western Australia
Print page
  • Small Text
  • Medium Text
  • Large Text

Prescribed Forms

About Document Formats and Protection

PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice Family Court of WA forms CANNOT be filed in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia 

The non-prescribed forms are available in the following formats:

Microsoft Word format (.doc) - this document format can completed using Microsoft Word or other compatible word processing programs.

Rich Text Format (.rtf) - this document format can be completed using any word processing program.

PDF Format (.pdf) - this document format is intended for printing off and then completing by hand printing in black or blue ink pen.

Most of the Word (.doc) and Rich Text (.rtf) documents have been protected/locked (without any password) so that typing can only occur in the form fields.  This helps to preserve the formatting of the document.  If you need to unlock a document, go to the "Unprotect document" menu under the "Tools" menu of your word processing program, or consult the "Help" menu and search for "unprotect document" or "unlock document".

Form 1: Initiating Application

This is the Court's main application form.  It is used by a person who wishes to apply for final Court orders, other than a divorce, for example, property, parenting, child support, maintenance.

Form 1A: Response to Initiating Application

This is the Court's main response form.

It is used by a person who has been named as a respondent in an Application for Final Orders (Form 1). It is used either to oppose the orders sought in the application or ask the Court to make other final orders, for example, property, parenting or maintenance orders.

Form 1B: Reply to Response to Initiating Application

This form is used by a person (applicant) who has filed an Application for Final Orders (Form 1) to which the other party (respondent) has filed a Form 1A seeking orders about a new subject matter; and the applicant wishes to reply to those orders.  For example, if the application is about children and the respondent files a Form 1A seeking property orders, this form would be used to respond to the claim for property orders.

Form 2: Application in a Case

This form is used:

  • to make an application for procedural orders; or
  • to make an application for ancillary or incidental orders, for example, an injunction; or
  • to make an application for interim orders once a case has been started by an Application for Final Orders (Form 1); or
  • for specified applications under the Family Law Rules 2004, for example, an application for a recovery order.

Form 2A: Response to Application in a Case

This form is used by the respondent/s named in the Application in a Case (Form 2) who wishes to oppose the orders sought or asks the Court to make other orders.

Form 3: Application for Divorce

To apply for a divorce complete the online interactive Application for Divorce and pay the filing fee by visiting the Commonwealth Courts Portal by clicking the link below.

Commonwealth Courts Portal


Parties to overseas same-sex marriages who meet criteria for divorce in accordance with Australian law are now able to apply for divorce in the Family Court of Western Australia.  Such applications cannot currently be made online using the Commonwealth Courts Portal.  As an interim measure, parties must use the hard copy divorce forms that can be modified to describe parties as "Husband", "Wife", "Spouse" or "Other".  The Form 3 Application for Divorce below can be used in these circumstances.

See Information Note of 11 December 2017 in relation to same-sex marriages.


Form 3A: Response to Application for Divorce

This form is used by a respondent named in an Application for Divorce (Form 3) who wishes to oppose the application for divorce.

Form 4: Notice of Child Abuse or Family Violence (or Risk)

This form is to be filed if a person alleges that there is family violence or a risk of family violence and/or that a child has been abused or is at risk of being abused.

Form 5: Notice of Intervention by a Person Entitled to Intervene

This form is to be used if you are entitled to intervene under the Family Law Act or other legislative provision, such as the Judiciary Act (Attorney-General) or child support legislation (Child Support Registrar).

This form is not to be used by a person who wishes to become a party to a case.  In this circumstance you must file an Application in a Case (Form 2).

Form 6: Acknowledgement of Service

This form is included with documents served on a person and may be signed by the person being served as an acknowledgement that he/she has received the documents served.

Form 7: Affidavit of Service

The person serving documents completes this form and files it after documents have been served to prove the documents have been served.

Form 8: Notice of Address for Service

This form is used to inform the Court and the other parties in your case:

  • of the address at which Court documents and notices can be served on you; or
  • that your contact address (address for service) in Australia has changed.

If you have a lawyer acting for you, it is your lawyer’s address that needs to be provided.

Form 9: Notice of Ceasing to Act

This form is used to:

  • inform a client that a lawyer intends to cease to act in 7 days; and
  • inform the Court that the lawyer has ceased to act for the client and provides the Court with the last known residential address of the client.

Form 10: Notice of Discontinuance

This form is used to:

  • discontinue your application, response or notice of appeal; or
  • withdraw part of your case, for example, if you do not want to continue to seek some of the orders that you have sought in an application, a response or notice of appeal.

Filing this notice does not prevent the other party from continuing to seek the orders they have sought, including orders for costs.

Form 11: Application for Consent Orders

This form can be used if you have reached agreement and you want to formalise that agreement and make it binding, you can apply to the Court for Consent Orders.  You use this form to obtain Consent Orders about:

  • the care, welfare and development of your children (known as parenting orders);
  • the division of property or maintenance for a husband or wife or former husband or wife or defacto spouse or former defacto spouse (known as spouse maintenance).

This form can also be used if you are applying for Consent Orders which vary or discharge existing Family Court orders.

Form 12: Notice of Non-Party Production of Documents

The process of using this form is intended to make production of documents by a non-party more convenient and less costly for parties and non-parties by keeping the procedure out of the court system unless there is an objection to the production of documents.

Form 13: Financial Statement

This form must be filed by a party to a financial case, such as property settlement, maintenance, child support or financial enforcement with the party’s Application or Response (see Rule 13.04 of the Family Law Rules).

If you are aware that completing this form will not fully discharge your duty to make a full and frank disclosure you must also file an affidavit giving further particulars (see Rule 13.05 of the Family Law Rules).  The information you provide must be about your present financial circumstances.

Form 14: Subpoena

If a person refuses, or is unable of their own free will, to produce documents or give evidence at a hearing or trial a party may request the Court to issue a subpoena directed to that person.

Form 15: Notice Disputing Itemised Costs Account

This notice is used by a person who has received an itemises costs account from a lawyer and wishes to dispute it.  It cannot be used until an itemised costs account has been received.

Form 16: Enforcement Warrant - Seizure and Sale of Property

If you are owed money, for example under a Family Court order, you can seek that the property of the person who owes you the money be sold to pay the debt.

Form 17: Third Party Debt Notice

If you are owed money by another person (debtor) you can ask the Court to issue a Third Party Debt Notice (Form 17).  This notice requires a person or organisation (the third party) who it is alleged owes money to the debtor to pay that money to you rather than the debtor (for example, it could be for be wages).

Form 18: Application - Contravention

This form is used if you want to seek an order from the Court imposing a punishment or another consequence on a person for the breach of a Court order.

Form 19: Application - Contempt

This form is used if you want to seek an order from the Court imposing a punishment on a person for contempt of a Court order or other contempt of court.  Specifically, it is used for an application alleging a breach of a parenting order under Division 13A of Part VII of the Family Law Act or an order not affecting children for example a property order under Part XIII of the Family Law Act.

Form 20: Notice of Appeal

This form is used by a party (appellant/cross appellant) who wishes to appeal against an order.

The purpose of an appeal is to correct an error, unfairness or wrongful exercise of judicial discretion.  Appeals ensure public confidence in the administration of justice and, in appropriate cases, clarify and develop the law and help maintain a high standard of court orders.

Form 21: Application in an Appeal

This form is used by a party who wishes to make an application in relation to an appeal.

Form 21A: Response to Application in an Appeal

This form is used by a party to respond to a Form 21 Application in an Appeal.

Last updated: 11-Dec-2017

[ back to top ]

Home |  Privacy |  Copyright & Disclaimer
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.