Applying for consent orders

If you have reached an agreement with the other party, you can apply for consent orders. Consent orders make your agreement an order of the court without you having to go through the court process. When consent orders are made, your agreement will have the same legal effect as a decision of the Court.

This page is about making an Application for Consent Orders, which is when you are requesting consent orders as the first stage in the court process. If the Court is already dealing with your dispute, you file a minute of consent orders.

Even if you are applying without the help of a lawyer, you should get legal advice about your consent orders. It is important that you understand the meaning and consequences of the orders you are proposing.


To apply for consent orders, you need to file:

Application for Consent Orders (Form 11)

Complete the Application for Consent Orders (Form 11). The form should be completed by all parties, and the parties must sign in the space provided at the bottom of each page.

Read the consent order kit for more information on completing the form (see the downloads section below).

Draft consent orders

'Draft' consent orders are the orders you are proposing that the Court makes. A copy of your draft consent orders needs to accompany the consent order application.

There is more information about consent orders:

Supporting documents

The supporting documents depend on whether you are proposing parenting orders or property and financial orders.

Supporting documents - Parenting consent orders

If you are applying for parenting orders, you may also need to file the following supporting documents:

Supporting documents - Property and Financial consent orders

If the application is concerning property and financial issues, also file:

If you are applying for orders which will bind a third party, there are special requirements which need to be met. See the Consent Order Kit for more information.

File the orders

After you have prepared all the documents and before making any copies, any affidavits need to signed in front of an authorised witness (including Parts I, K or M of the Application for Consent Orders). Remember that you need to: 

Following the signing of the documents, they are ready to file. You also need to file copies of your signed documents, so there are enough for the parties and the Court. In particular, you need to file:

Application fee

There is a fee for applying for consent orders. See the fees page for more information.

Next steps

After your application is filed, it will be considered by a Registrar.

The Registrar will assess whether the proposed orders should be made, and 

More information

For more information about consent orders, see

Last updated: 24-Aug-2021

[ back to top ]