Family Court of Western Australia

News & Media Releases

Travel to and from Western Australia


The WA Government has now introduced restrictions on travel to Western Australia (see here for more details). A person will not be in breach of these restrictions if they are required to enter Western Australia under, or to give effect to, an order of an Australian court.

Insofar as travel from WA is concerned, whilst there is no restriction in leaving WA, each other state or territory may have, or may introduce, their own travel restrictions. Parties should make their own enquires in that regard.

You should seek independent legal advice if you have any further queries (see here for assistance). You may be required to provide a copy of the relevant court order as evidence of necessary movement between states or territories. Please visit the Family Court of WA website here to see how you can obtain a copy of a Family Court order.